Monday, January 25, 2010

The PARTY!


Sat. was such a wonderful crazy, busy day. We cleaned, we baked, we decorated cakes and then the party began. I didn't get all the pictures I wanted- like one of all my kids or of all the kids who came to the party. Oh well, what can I say I did the best I could. We had around 20 kids + parents! Lot's of girls and a few brothers to keep Gavin very happy. Happy Birthday Avalyn and Cambria, it was a wonderful day!

We gave the girls their presents in the morning. A new baby stroller and a huge Tinkerbell tent for the basement! They both loved it- don't know why I didn't take a picture of Avalyn in it, but Cambria jumped right in and I grabbed the camera!

such a happy girl!

Opening present- She LOVED all her wonderful gifts from all our wonderful friends!

Finally up from her nap and ready to party! She loved all the balloons and of course chewing on the foam stickers on the hats!

Dressed up and ready for cake!

Kyle and I made the cakes!


we thought this little Barbie (Kelly) looked like Cambria, if only I could have figured out how to put glasses on her

Avalyn was so proud of her Princess Barbie cake- definitely worth all that work.


Cambria was too excited about the balloons to be in a picture with her cake, she did seem to be trying to sing Happy Birthday while everyone else was singing!

Blowing out the candles

The cake stayed together! We were quite impressed with how well it stayed up after being cut opened. I had made up the recipe for the chocolate filling and it actually worked out well!
Cambria wanted nothing to do with her cake, wouldn't even touch it- don't worry I figured this would happen and it didn't go flying off her tray to the floor.

Cambria finally opened a present! I looked over to see her pulling this dragon out of the bag! We will work on wrapping paper next year.
checking out her cookie monster doll
Ainsley slept through much of the party, giving Mommy and Daddy one less thing to worry about, but she did wake up at the end to say bye to everyone and check out the new toys!

No comments: