Thursday, May 13, 2010

NEW Bikes!

New bikes, finally! Gavin's bike was a 12" and Avalyn has never had a bike- she used Gavin's tricycle. We don't do too much riding around here, our driveway is on a slope and our house is near the turn of the road and of course the weather here has not been great. We aren't on a busy street (most of the time) and we are down the street from a park with a bike trail, so as long as Kyle or I can get out of the house they can ride (not been too much since Cambria and Ainsley have come around). We surprised them last week, kind of like Christmas- but with better weather for riding bikes!
We have had the bikes for awhile now, but we were waiting for Gavin to get big enough and the weather to warm up.
I bought Gavin's bike over 2 years ago, on clearance for $15 (down from $60), but it was a 18" so we had to wait till he was 6. I was just glad it was red, his favorite color! He was very excited, but kind of wanted a bell (like Avalyn's).
Avalyn's I bought at Christmas time on sale and with a coupon. It is a 12" and she is just about too big (she pretty tall for 4), this would frustrate me more but we have 2 more girls! You can't beat all the baby storage, bell and streamers!

I went in and got him sunglasses after I took the picture.

No comments: