Thursday, September 22, 2011

Cambria and School!

 So we are off to an amazing year of school for Cambria!  She transitioned beautifully, thanks to going 2X a week last year in NE!  Half a day every day is just right for this little 3 year old, actually she'd probably stay all day if they let her.  She LOVES it!  Her teachers are amazing and we already see some progress in just a few short weeks!  These are some pictures her teachers took and sent me from her first day of school.

 This was the BIG breakthrough!!!!  Cambria can feed herself!  This was the first time ever and her teachers were so excited they got the camera out- don't know if they thought I'd believe them.  This was the very first day of school.  When I dropped her off, I told her teacher she will probably not go near the "real" food I brought but if you could just get her to feed herself that would be HUGE!  Her teacher handed her the spoon and refused to feed her, after a little frustration she gave in.
 It took an extra week at home, but after a few little "tricks" and standing my ground she feeds herself ALL-THE-TIME!!!  We are so proud and so grateful!
Cambria comes home from school 1-2times a week with her hair beautifully put up!  Of course, as you can tell by pictures, she will not let me touch her hair.  I love that one of her sweet teachers (Ms. Angie) takes the time to brush and put her hair up in pretty clips and bows.  I asked Ms. Monica how she does this and she said that she will sit for Ms. Angie and she tells her "pretty hair, pretty hair" and Cambria let's her do whatever and then leaves it in until...

she gets home and immediately pulls it out.

No comments: