Friday, October 28, 2011

Cambria's room

 This isn't quite all of it, but I finished the walls and the light "fixture".  I knew I wanted to do black and white for the walls and add color in the lights and other accessories.  It had to be a quick one, since Cambria doesn't adapt to change well and having her sleep in another room really wasn't an option.  I painted the walls bright white, the trim and door black, the bed black and then dandelions in black.  Of course I wanted to give her a touch of what she loves right now, so I painted a ducky on canvas.  Her ceilings are high, so I wanted to do something fun- after hours of adding tissue to some of the lanterns I hung them all with fishing wire and thumb tacks!
 Cambria walked in and said "good coloring Mommy!" It was so sweet, she LOVED it!  She calls it her dandelion room and her face lights up when she walks in- making it worth all the trouble!
 I'd have to say her reaction to the lights was even more excitement than the mural.  She was so excited!  Of course it didn't take but a few days to throw things at them till a few fall- I know this fun will eventually fade and she'll leave them alone!
Still in need of a curtain for the windows.  I will get pictures up eventually of everything done- including the bed made with her yellow bedspread!  I am just so happy she's happy!

No comments: