Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Big Girl Avalyn!


I finally got a picture of Avalyn in her Easter dress! She looked so pretty. The necklace she is wearing was my Nana's and I had put it on to wear to church, that didn't last long once she saw it. She wore it all day and I had to hide it when she agreed to take it off for a bath- or she would never take it off. She does Love jewelry. She is growing so fast and I am happy to report she is now potty trained! After the last blog about begining potty training with her it has been quite a challenge. After the first few days going really well things just got BAD- excuse my language but it was potty training hell- I was cleaning up pee and poop everywhere and she refused to sit on the potty when I asked her to. She has always done well naked, but once a diaper, pull-up, or panties were on there was no stopping her. I stoped after 5 days and decided I would try when I got back from Texas. I left the potty out, just in case and baught a package of diapers. The crazy thing about all this was that she was still sleeping through the night dry and nap time dry- it had been a good 2 months of that. Well, after 8 days of wearing a diapers she decided to take the potty training thing in her own hands and pulled the diaper down and went in her potty. Everytime she did this I let her wear panties and when she messed in those I put the diapers back on until she did it again- fortunantly there have only been a few accidents. As long as I don't bother her about the potty she does it on her own! It is a little stressfull leaving a 2 year old in control of potty training, but it has worked for her and even on this long trip to Texas is still doing well (not perfect, but well)! I am so proud of our Big girl!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good job, avalyn! we're so proud of you! :)