Saturday, October 18, 2008

The GOOD and the Bad...

The Good: DADDY's HOME!!! It's been 5 long weeks and I am happy it is over. Kyle was able to come home a day early (yesterday). We've been enjoying his company and of course his help!

This morning we went for Halloween pictures by a photographer friend, Janine, who has a Halloween special (profits go to charity) day at her studio. Last year was a little stressful, we got there and I forgot part of Avalyn's costume and had to go back home. I had waited to put it on Avalyn till we got there, thinking she wouldn't notice it, well of course she did and she hated every minute of it (especially the bunny ears). It was nap time and the only reason we got pictures was because I sat her down and we fed her M&M's. This year was much better and believe it or not we had great pictures within 30 min. Gavin was thrilled with his Superman costume and Avalyn loved her Tinkerbell costume. I have been so excited I baught the girls Tinkerbell costumes last Nov., still pregnant with Cambria, I couldn't pass up the 2 beautiful costumes at the Disney store (Avalyn's was regularly $40 and I got it for $11 and Cambria's I got for $7 regularly $30). They have been hidden in the closet since last year, I new Avalyn wouldn't mind a costume this year since she loves dressing up and she is in a leotard once a week. The only thing she wouldn't do is put the wings on, I know very fustrating but we pick our battles around here and she was just as happy as can be to have her picture taken in the costume- her personality is sometimes like little tinkerbell, very sweet but very determind. Cambria looked adorable, but taking pictures during nap and with her horrible rash on her bottom (from medicine she's been on for a fever and slight ear infection), she did the best she could. She hates a diaper rash and this is probably one of the worst she has had- they make her fussy until it goes away, thank goodness this is probably only the 2nd one she has had that is as extereme as it is. I am sure there are some cute one's of Cambria, but no smiling and probably the most difficult thing (about taking pictures of her) right now is she can't sit at all. I can't wait to see the pictures, I love having other's take the pictures (it's hard with all 3). Now to the bad.

You may ask why no pictures with the post. My Camera BROKE!!! We've had it for less than 2 years and I am so fustrated. Our last digital camera broke in the same way, they are different brands and neither were dropped. This would be less fustrating, but money is tight and we have so much ahead of us I would like to document- the pumpkin patch tomorrow is just one of them. Oh well, I know it will all work out and I will be posting new pictures a.s.a.p.

No comments: