Saturday, November 29, 2008

What a wonderful time!


My parents (2)+ sisters (2)+ their husbands (2)+ their kids (3)= an absolutely wonderful Thanksgiving week. They made the long trip from Texas to spend Thanksgiving with us. Dispite quite a few of us having horrible colds and stomach issues, we had a great time shopping, playing video games, watching movies, eating, and best of all just being together. On the Wed. before Thanksgiving my friend Jana, who is a wonderful photographer here, took our family picture- we haven't all been together in years and have never had a profesional picture taken (I can't wait to see it) http://jselanderphotography.com/jblog/ (there are a few sneak peaks of some of the pictures taken, including Kyle and I, my niece and nephew and little sisters family). Since we will not be together this year for Christmas we celebrated it by putting the tree up on the night before Thanksgiving and then opened presents on Thanksgiving morning before watching the parade on our big screen and cooking our little hearts out for a wonderful Thanksgiving meal just before the Cowboys game. I miss my family so much and the week went by just too fast, someday I look forward to not having to say good by for so long. The kids loved having everyone around, Gavin is still recovering from his favorite big cousin Hayden. Enjoy the pictures and I will begin to stop thinking about how much I miss being with my family and enjoy life as it is!

My little 5 month old nephew Briley!

Beauty parler night- Avalyn got her hair cut by Mau Mau (my mom) and her nails painted by her Aunt Kathryn
Cambria and Briley playing!

"Christmas" morning
Cambria's 1st Christmas present and Avalyn in her new princess outfit (she is still wearing 3 days later)

The babies playing with their new toys!

Gavin's new Leapster and guitar- he was thrilled!

The new kitchen in the play room- Avalyn has been "baking" cupcakes for days now!


Thanksgiving meal! Our 24 pound Turkey and room for everyone at the table (including our friends Andy and Melinda and their little girl Sidney)
Hanging out with Uncle Kevin (or as Avalyn says Kuncle Kevin) and Briley with his daddy Brian.

One last picture before going home! All the cousins!

2 comments:

The Perkins said...

Good times. Miss you guys already.

Samantha said...

Looks like so much fun!! And what a great idea, celebrating early so you can celebrate together! :)