Wednesday, March 4, 2009

MARCH 18!

Okay, so it took some tears and permission from the Dr. in radiology on base, but I will be having the ultrasound to find out the sex of baby #4 on March 18. I was so excited after my OB appointment today when she told me I could have my ultrasound at 18 weeks. The reason I was so excited is that my sisters and mom will be here the week I am 18 weeks. I really didn't want to go in there alone and they will not let me take Gavin without someone to watch him. They are picky on base on how they do ultrasounds- I wish I could just do it at my OB (who is non military), but insurance likes to send us to base for it (it is hard to argue with free health care). My excitement soon diminished after I got to the base hospital to make the appointment. The lady helping me didn't seem to care about the date, but the lady next to her would not stop saying I had to wait till 20 weeks and kept saying no earlier than April 3. I tried to hold back and kept moving around to not show my frustration, but I finally just said my husband is gone, I didn't want to do it alone, my family would only be around for a few weeks, and my OB said 18 weeks was fine. They got quiet (when they saw me crying) and the lady helping my said she could ask the radiologist and he said it was fine. They said I might have to come back if they can't tell, but I am not too worried about that- we saw Cambria and knew she was a girl at 17 weeks. So I am relieved and happy to see our little one in just 2 weeks- and not having to find more people to watch my kids (I feel like it is never ending- I am so thankful to all my friends who have helped me since Kyle's been gone, you can all sit out on the 18th!).

I am nervous and could use some prayer for this ultrasound. It all seems so shallow, but Gavin really wants a brother. Kyle and I just want a healthy baby and are totally expecting another girl. We have been trying to prepare Gavin in every way and we know in the end he will be just fine, he loves his sisters and is sure to love another. I will probably have a hard time, knowing I will not be able to give him something he wants so much. There will probably be tears and I am just praying for a peace for Gavin and I. Of course pray for the health of the baby and that the baby has developed enough for us to see the sex of the baby.

Thanks for all your prayers. I look forward to sharing the news with all of you!!!

2 comments:

The Perkins said...

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh that makes me so excited. I am glad you cried, and I probably would to. I can't wait and I am counting the days. Love you guys.

Lindsey said...

That's so exciting! Caleb and I are praying for you and your family! Keep the posts coming! I love reading them! Love you!