Monday, August 10, 2009

Ready...and waiting

I am passed 38 weeks now and have never been pregnant so long. Thought I'd pass the time and blog a little. I am not feeling great and haven't been for the past 2 weeks. I have Braxton Hicks all the time and have had one false call at the hospital a week ago. At this point I am just waiting till I am crying in pain or my water breaks- hopefully that happens with plenty of time to make it to the hospital in time for an epidural. I was hoping to have her in time for my sisters (who are both teachers) to come for a week, instead of the 2 days they usually come over a weekend. School starts this week for Kathryn, so that time has passed. I have been struggling with depression over the past couple of days and have been praying that it passes, the crying stops and I feel like doing more. I know it's just fine that she isn't here yet, but my hormones or something is driving my emotions and I just don't feel right. I am hoping she comes before Kyle has to return to work full time, he has been on leave for several weeks now for summer school and has been able to spend more time at home. He does get time off after the baby comes, but feels bad taking them since he's been on leave for so long because of school. I know this might not happen, but I can hope- he returns to work at the end of the week. Thank you for all your prayers and I hope Ainsley will be arriving shortly and I start feeling better.
My nesting isn't quite so strong these days, I am just tired. I finished all my projects over a week ago and am happy with what Kyle and I have accomplished over the past few weeks. Kyle is still working on his med. school application (maybe that's what she is waiting on), but has done so much around the house to get organized and cleaned up. Please pray as he works on that application. Here are a few pictures of some of the projects we have been working on.

We painted our room, bought a bed and I finally found a night stand for both of us. It is nice after nearly 8 years of marriage to have bedroom furniture- I know I could use a few more pillows, but just haven't found any that work.
This is our former "sticky" kitchen table. We bought this when we got married, it was unfinished and we stained it ourselves. After years of being cleaned the top finish had come off leaving a very sticky table that couldn't be cleaned. I finally got around to painting it. It took a couple of days, but am happy to have it done and not sticky. It will not be our kitchen table for much longer, because we don't all fit- but I had always planned on making it a game table and the square in the middle will be perfect for a checkered board pattern (this was not planned when I painted it, but Kyle thought of it when he saw it).
The car seat cover. This wasn't the easiest project. Our infant car seat handle broke at the end of Cambria using it so I decided I would buy a car seat cover and barrow a car seat from a friend. My friend had a car seat for me to use and I found a car seat cover on ETSY.com. Ordering the car seat didn't go quite as planned, when the lady lost my order form and sold the original cover I ordered. I picked one off of her sold list and she was able to ship it to me quickly. I was happy with fit and it was very well made, but I thought the dots were white and I wasn't crazy about just being black and pink. I was able to find some stripe ribbon (on clearance $1 for all of it) and I took my glue gun and put it to work, this is when I wish I could sow. It looked very cute and after looking for a head rest for a while I found one at a consignment store for $2.50- it wasn't exactly what I was looking for, but the price was great and with the doggy Avalyn had bought for Ainsley it matched perfectly!

Waiting for a Baby!

1 comment:

The Allen Family said...

Everything looks great! Sorry you're feeling so blue. I hope Ainsley will get here soon to make you're beautiful family complete. I know you're ready to meet her. I look forward to hearing all about her. I love you, and I'm praying for you!