Saturday, October 31, 2009

My Treats!

Halloween 2009!
Gavin 5- Optimus Prime
Avalyn 3- Barbie Thumblelina

Cambria 21months- Abby Cadabby
Ainsley 11 weeks- Little Kitty

I had a very fun and busy time with costumes this year.
Gavin was going to use his costume from last year (because I wanted to save some $), but the night before his costume parade I decided to go find one of the costumes he really wanted. He hadn't complained or even said much, but his sisters all had new costumes and we knew it would make him so happy, so Optimus Prime it was!
Avalyn was Barbie Thumblelina this year. I found the dress on clearance several months ago and grabbed it for her costume. She loved it! It was a little itchy, but not complaints once I let her put a shirt underneath. I added some rhinestones to the dress and wings. The shoes were an old pair of ballet shoes that had been torn, I hot glued flowers and rhinestones to them- she was happy, they were comfortable and very cute. I made her a special headband, since she loves headbands right now. She looked beautiful!
Cambria's costume took a lot of time- I made the bows, shirt and skirt. I decided to make her Abby Cadabby from Sesame Street. She loves Elmo, but he's a boy and one of his good friends is a cute little fairy named Abby Cadabby and I thought it would be perfect. She will not wear hats, headbands, or bows, but for some reason is okay with ponytails and will even let me sneak bows in them- perfect since Abby wears pig tails. I decided I'd try to make a too-too skirt after seeing a picture of one, so easy and absolutely no sowing (I don't sow), just a bit of time and effort (it also fits Avalyn). The shirt I got on clearance and Target for $2, I of course went to work with the glue gun and put flowers and rhinestones all over. The wings we actually had from another dress up outfit and the tights and shoes Cambria wears all the time. I was shocked when she let me dress her up (while watching Backyardigans of course) and she kept in on for quite awhile. I was so excited to see her and someday I know she will love dressing up too.
I looked for awhile for something that would fit Ainsley and was girly and didn't have much luck, so I decided I'd make something. The shirt I bought in Jan. for $1.99, just in case I had a girl (otherwise it would be a gift). The ears were Avalyn's, but we realized they fit when we were playing with her one day. I made the little skirt with tool and ribbon. She looked adorable, too bad she was ready for a nap when I was ready to take pictures. It was a good 1st Halloween for little Ainsley.

My friend Brooke came over to help me take pictures, so I look forward to sharing those- we did our best to get one of all 4.

Then of course there was some trick-or-treating! Our neighborhood is not finished, so there has never been much trick-or-treating, so we decided to go to a friends neighborhood. This worked out great, the dads took the kids out and I stayed with my friend (and her brand new baby) and passed out candy. Ainsley and Cambria stayed with me- Cambria played by herself the whole time in the toy room (she would much prefer to do so). Gavin was so excited to see his friend Elijah. They had a great time and got lot's of candy.

No comments: