Saturday, October 31, 2009

Friday outing with the girls!


I decided to get out with the girls on Friday- before heading to Gavin's school for his costume parade! 1st the base library- okay so I didn't actually arrive to meet my friend for story time, but I saw that one coming and she picked Avalyn up and I met her there. Then my friend and another girl decided to head to the children's museum, I said sure- I've been avoiding it by myself since Ainsley's birth. Of course on my way off base I got a call from Gavin's school- he had been pushed in the mud and needed a change of clothes. At least I got the call before I got to the museum, so I (literally) ran with the 3 girls into the BX and found a shirt and pants on clearance for Gavin. After dropping them off and checking on Gavin we made our way to the children's museum.

So I survived- thanks to the help of my friend (she only has one child) for most of the trip, and the last 30 min. Ainsley slept making life much easier. The difficult thing about going places like this is Cambria, she loves exploring, but has no desire to stay by me or follow direction. It is as sweet as can be to watch her, she just wonders around quietly looking closely, touching, and studying things. She is independent and so curious. Eventually she decides to find me and she grabs whoever's legs are around, usually crying with frustration that she can't see me until I pick her up. I do love watching her in places like the children's museum, there is so much joy in her face- a very quiet joy (unlike her older brother and sister who have never been quiet about there joy).
Gavin in his costume parade (sorry so blurry- my camera doesn't do motion well) and at his Halloween party. I didn't get to stay long, Cambria and I were ready for a nap- after a very busy morning.

No comments: