Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Girly Days!


Most of our days are just me and the girls- since Gavin is in school. It is fun to watch them grow together and interact with each other. It is my prayer that they are best friends! I can't imagine life without my best friends, my sisters and when I look at the 3 of them I hope that they grow to cherish eath other!


Ainsley LOVES to watch her siblings. Cambria still isn't sure about Ainsley and for the most part ignores her completely. I did catch Cambria holding Ainsley's hand in the car the other day, it was so sweet (I think she was after Ainsley's toy in her hand, but just held her hand instead- until she found the toy). I finally got a picture of her checking Ainsley out, of course it was because she wanted the alien toy and once the toy was in her hand the moment was gone.

someday these 2 will play together!

Avalyn found her sundresses for the summer in the top of her closet and was thrilled when I let her try them on. This was one of her favorites, she walked down stairs all ready to go, now if it weren't 20 degrees outside.
Avalyn ready to go to "play school". The battle of getting dressed has become a lot easier lately. I've let go of a lot and as long as Avalyn follows a few rules I let her be. The rules are no pajamas, must be clean, no costumes (accept for the occasional head band) and somewhat weather appropriate. Avalyn doesn't like the cold and doesn't like to dress for it, she hasn't worn socks in months but puts on leggings, shirts under her sundresses and a coat (usually a fleece) with no problems. Matching, is up to her, but if I say absolutely not she is willing to compromise (I am pickier about what she wears to church). This outfit she came up with on her own and was so proud that she was ready to go to "play school", I bit my tongue and let her be- the teachers laughed a bit when they saw her and told her how pretty she looked. I figure if this is how she wants to express her creativity I will support her, help guide her and encourage her little spirit- it sure is making getting ready much less stressful!
I know someday I will miss these precious moments with the 3 girls at home with mommy- it will end soon when Avalyn goes to preschool in the fall. She will only be gone half day, but I am sure her little sisters and mommy will miss her much!

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Oh. My. Goodness.

Sarah, seriously. You've got three of the cutest little girls I've ever seen on your hands! DARLING. And I simply love, love, love Avalyn's style - it suits her perfectly!