Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Cambria's 1st pair of glasses

That's my hand holding Cambria's glasses. She doesn't have a very big head- she has been in the 20% in head size since she was born (maybe that's why the smallest pair of glasses they had are still too big). They are definantly a conversation piece, we went to church, the mall, and Wal-Mart tonight and people stopped to talk to us at least 8 times (not to mention all the whispering and pointing)- it was a little strange, but I do admit she does look cute. It's is difficult to see in the pictures, but they are pink!


I will do my best to get some better pictures, without the pacifier. I took these at 10 pm after she had been wearing them for 5 hours. She was tired and very hungry- that pacifier was not coming out. She did well and didn't bother them at all- she isn't grabbing at things yet so I am sure that helps a lot. I don't think they bothered her, I was out all evening and when she finally got fussy I thought it could be the glasses so I took them off- she kept on screaming, but when I put them back on and took her out of the car seat she was just fine. Now the challenge will be, keeping our little dress up queen Avalyn from messing with them- not to mention the case is a little pink Disney princess purse (I might have to find a replacement case). I asked Gavin what he thought when he first saw the glasses and with excitement he said "she looks like Harry Potter." I was able to pick from 4 pairs and these were the smallest and yet the frames still look big on her little face, it will be neat to see her grow into them. They are custom fit on the side of her face and they can stretch the sides out as she grows (for a little while at least). Since she will always need glasses, it will be nice to have a bigger variety as she grows. Now it is time to pray that these work and she is able to focus without crossing her eyes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looks adorable in those glasses! I hope they'll help her to see better. She is so precious.

The Skains Family said...

Aww, she looks so cute. I loved the Harry Potter comment. Only a child would come up with that. So sweet. I hope these help little Miss Cambria.

Anonymous said...

I had no idea you had a blog!

Cambria looks adorable in those glasses!