Monday, December 15, 2008

Poor Baby

Last night I sat down to post about the squadron Christmas party for the kids and then print out our Christmas letter, but of course things didn't go as planned. Cambria has been running a fever since Fri. afternoon, moving from 101 to 102, it was controllable with Tylenol. Sun. morning she seemed fine and woke up happy so we went to church. She didn't make it in the nursery long, she started running a low temp. again and refused to play like she usually does. I was glad they paged me during Sunday school. We kept her with us and she slept through church. Besides the fever and not acting like herself, nothing else was wrong (not even a runny nose). Her fever was a 103 most of yesterday and we kept giving her med. and baths to try to keep it down. We gave her some Motrin around 6 and put her down for bed, Kyle checked on her an hour later and her fever was over 104. You can guess where I spent the next 3 hours, the ER. Most of the time spent just waiting in the room. After having her nose sucked out for test, chest x-rays, and urine taken directly out of her bladder, I was just hoping they would come up with something. Of course she started feeling better just an hour into the trip- that is usually the case for us and ER trips. Finally they got all of the test done and their was an infection in her urine. This was a relief to find something and not feel like I just spent 3 hours there for nothing. It also explained this horrible diaper rash she has had for 2 weeks now (not helped by anything, even the cream recommended by her ped.)- Thanks Holly the cream you suggested is exactly what they said to use. After just 3 uses of the cream, the rash is so much better. It was not a fun night, but I guess that's how things go. She woke up with a 104 this morning, so we are hoping the med. they prescribed help and we have a happy and well baby before we leave for Arizona on Wed. Thanks for your prayers and I am relieved we didn't get any kids sick at church.

1 comment:

Granola said...

Hi Sarah,
I hope your little one's fever is clearing. I'm sorry to hear about it.

I am writing to ask you the name of the baby seat that you posted about awhile back. I think you said you got it on clearance or on sale. It looks like a simple booster and you can purchase a tray to attach to it. If you have a moment to let me know I would appreciate it. Thanks!
-Sheryl (from MN)