Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Arizona Fun and Surprises!

Well, here it goes all the many wonderful, fun times had in Arizona. It was a great 9 days, so this may get a little long. It was a nice time to rest and enjoy being with each other. Kyle's parents are always wonderful host and you just can't beat his mom's cooking and his dad's waffle's! We came home rested and a few pounds heavier and missing the warm weather.
6 Things discovered on our trip to Arizona-
1. Gavin and Avalyn LOVE to fly- the more turbulence the better. WEE!
Cambria was not so thrilled about the tiny plane (only 2 seats on each side) that was around 80+ degrees the entire way there. She was so fussy and miserable, Kyle and I couldn't wait to get on the ground. The trip back went much better, the plane was larger, cooler and Cambria slept most the way!
On the plus side US Airways allows Active duty military up to 3 bags checked on for free, saving us quite a bit since we were able to only check on 3 huge bags there and back!
2. Gavin , Avalyn, and Cambria's cousin Trevor.

Kyle's sister's little boy is 13 months old and this was our first time to meet him. He is such a busy ball of energy. He is only 6 weeks older than Cambria and it is amazing to see how much bigger and advanced he is. He is a good 5-6" taller and 6 pounds taller. Trevor is running around everywhere and into everything. Kyle and I were very content with where Cambria is after watching Trevor's parents run after him, we are happy to take our time and will be there soon enough with our little girl.

Kyle's sister Stacia and Trevor

Trying to keep Trevor still!

Learning to swing with Daddy!

Finally a picture of all 4!
3. Cambria turns 11 months old and is finally sitting up all the time and even pulling herself up to a standing position. She has no clue what to do after standing for a while and ends up crying till someone help her down. She is improving daily and enjoying her new found freedoms! We even let her sit up by herself in the bath, she still isn't sure about it but it is convenient to let her sit in the bath.

4. Christmas morning is always wonderful with children! Giving is so much fun and there is nothing like spoiling your kids with everything they asked for once a year. It's a good thing they didn't ask for much! The talking baby was a huge hit and Avalyn is still taking very good care of her precious little baby Lila. It was well worth the $58 (Yikes, I can't believe we spent that much- only at Christmas), she does cry but she is easy to stop, she laughs and says Mama! Gavin loves his baseball glove, Star Wars book, and even the Bumblebee Transformer we will have to replace. We went to around 10 stores to find a Bumblee Transformer, till we found a animated type that is horrible- it falls apart. We have already promised a new one, now we just have to find one (it's a good thing it's only $8). It was so much fun to see the kids so happy and they enjoyed giving each other gifts. We had a wonderful meal Kyle's mother made and enjoyed the company of family. Merry Christmas!

Ready to Open some presents!



5. Cambria's First Christmas! She had a good day and enjoyed playing with all her bright toys. She wasn't feeling her best and did take several long naps. Cambria appreciates her toys and studies each of them very closely. She also enjoyed trying to chew through the candy cane.




6. THE BEST GIFT OF ALL!!!
This was my gift to Kyle:

Yes that's right #4 is on the way! I found out a few days after we got to Arizona and decided to wait 6 days before surprising Kyle on Christmas morning. I just couldn't help myself, but waiting was not easy. I did tell Avalyn and Cambria, but they didn't say a word. Needless to say, he was shocked, speechless, and very happy. I hadn't had any symptoms, just extremely tired- but for a mother of 3 that isn't anything out of the ordinary. I am 6 weeks along and due in Aug. We are happy to be completing our family and look forward to seeing what this little one is (Gavin is still begging for a brother). I am sad Kyle will miss nearly 5 months of the pregnancy, but will be back in plenty of time in June. I have been feeling horrible for the past week, Praise the Lord Kyle was home most of the day and I was able get lot's of sleep. I am hoping much of the yuckiness and extreme fatigue, I have had lately, will be gone when Kyle leaves in the middle of Feb. There will be lot's more to come as we become a family of 6!

P.S. I've been putting this blog off for a while, in hopes of reaching ALL my close friends by phone, like I usually do, but everybody must be really busy. I will keep on trying- I hope nobody is hurt to be finding out this way- I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

CONGRATS!!!!

The Skains Family said...

I can not believe you are pregnant!!! Holy cow! Congratulations. I am so happy for you and I am sure that you guys are excited to be completing your family!

Samantha said...

Oh my goodness, congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you guys!! What a perfect little Christmas present!

And Cambria! She just looks so grown up sitting there eating on a candy cane!

Unknown said...

Very exciting... hope you start feeling better soon! Congrats!

The Perkins said...

You know what I was thinking. I want you to suprise our family like that next year. I guess that means you need 5 kids and you will have to move pretty fast after number 4 comes. I'll try to call you this weekend to see how things are going.