Wednesday, December 10, 2008

SANTA!!!




We had a wonderful family night out last night. I decided this year to take the kids downtown to the Durham museum to see Santa. I was talked into a year pass this summer when we went there with our play group and I figured we might as well use it again (I got it for $25). They have Nebraska's largest indoor Christmas tree and it is amazing (and completely real). It is absolutely beautiful, the decorations are amazing. The kids were definitely impressed by the huge tree.
Waiting to see Santa!!!

The Santa was great, along with Mrs. Clause (who Gavin thought was Mary- I don't know where he got that one, but it was pretty funny). His belly was so big (and as real as the tree and his beard) that Mrs. Clause had to help put the second kid on his lap (I don't know, maybe that's why she was there). The kids did great, even Cambria, no crying- just happy to tell Santa what they want and take a picture.

Gavin, of course, has changed his mind (thanks to Avalyn's recommendation a couple days ago) from wanting a baseball glove to wanting the transformer Bumblebee, like his best friend Elijah. At least it is not an expensive toy, now I just have to find one and we will still be giving him a baseball glove just in case he changes his mind. Avalyn has wanted the same thing, a talking baby- and I am so excited about seeing her on Christmas day. It was not a cheap doll, but I am sure baby Lila will be well worth it (that's the name she came with, not by my doing- that was the name for Cambria for a while and possibly our next child). I love Christmas with kids so little, it is such a magical time for them!

There was no professional photographer, which was good and bad. It was nice not to feel guilty about not buying the pictures of your kids, but with my camera and the lighting I could have used a professional. My camera was not happy about it being so dark. Cambria is still so hard to take pictures of in a group setting and it is a little frustrating for me. She doesn't look in the right direction- even when your are shaking bells or calling her name. She was very curious about things and loved the building, I guess that's why we couldn't get her to look in our direction. At least she wasn't crying, just looking up in every picture.

It was a wonderful night and so much fun to be together. After Santa we took the kids out to eat at Spaghetti Works. They love eating out so much and are so well behaved when we do (probably because it doesn't happen very often).
Gavin doing the puzzle Santa gave him. He finished it by himself!
Avalyn's favorite- PASTA!! She finished it all and worked hard to stay clean.
Playing with Daddy! She has really started to get attached to Daddy!
We finished the night with driving around looking at Christmas lights. Definitely not getting out of the car, it was around 15 when we left the restaurant. We will just have to wait to walk outside and look at Christmas decorations when we get to Arizona! What a perfect night with the Family!

1 comment:

The Perkins said...

What a perfect little family. I love you all and definitely enjoyed looking at all the pictures.