Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Doing Well

Things are going pretty well around here. I haven't taken too many pictures, but will try to get to that. So far we have adjusted well, but I don't think reality has really hit. It has been a while since he's been gone (longer than 5 weeks) so I think it will take a little bit longer for it to hit us- probably a good thing. I have been so thankful for all the support I have felt here in Omaha. I continue to feel better, there are still times when I don't feel so well and watch out if I haven't had enough sleep (I am either out of it or moody).

The kids have been great. It is such a hard thing for Avalyn to understand, but I think Gavin has a decent idea. Of course there are always those off the wall comments- such as Avalyn comment that "Daddy was with Barack Obama" and of course to her Daddy is always on an airplane when he is gone (not worth arguing about, so we usually just say sure) and the sad comments that just breaks your heart like when Gavin said today that he forgot to ask Daddy to stay, because if he had Daddy might have not gone.

The room sharing is still a little bumpy, but thankfully Avalyn continues to sleep right through most of the random moments of screaming at night. I have discovered that if Cambria gets her 2 naps, she is sleeping better at night- I thought for a while she might be trying to go to 1 nap. The new pack-n-play is on order, thanks to Albeebaby.com I got a great deal on a Graco (not crazy about the color, but couldn't beat the price). I am ready for it to be here so Cambria can go back to napping in the closet and Avalyn can have her nap back (she needs it). I am still going to keep them together at night and hopefully by the time baby #4 is sleeping in our closet Avalyn will be done with naps.

We are happy and doing well! Thanks for all your love and support and of course prayer!

2 comments:

Cami said...

Hey Sarah, I think of you often, especially when I think I am too exhausted to go on with the day. Then I remember you at home alone with three kids and pregnant. You are stronger than you think. Hang in there girl!
SIDENOTE: I love Albee baby....such great deals. Have got all three car seats and two strollers from them, they can't be beat.
I love you and keep you in my thoughts and prayers, Cami

Unknown said...

Sarah- So glad thinks are going a bit better with Cambria at night. We need to have you over again soon! We are thinking of you and praying for you and the kids often!