Monday, February 23, 2009

What More...

Of course when Kyle leaves so many things seem to just happen at the same time. What more could go wrong...
1. My car is in the shop for body work (Kyle was hit in a parking lot on the day he left)
2. The other car has no tail light and stuck in the drive way. (Kyle was rear ended a week before he left)
3. The rental car isn't big enough for the 3 car seats I use and that is all insurance will cover (hoping one of our smaller car seats will work for Avalyn)
4. Living life around contractors schedules- fixing our shower and the mold damage from all the leaking
5. Still no pack-n-play- Avalyn needs a nap
6. Can't find my cell phone- Kyle's doesn't work
7. I broke the automatic garage door and have no clue how to fix it- I miss being able to put the kids in the car without going outside)
8. Still so cold outside

On a good note...
1. Insurance is covering all the damage and it should be fixed by Fri.!
2. Kyle is going to fix the tail light when he returns and the $ we got from the damage paid of our other car- yea for no car payments!
3. I am sure I can make it work- Avalyn might even be able to sit in Gavin booster seat with the back on, if his new booster seat comes in the mail soon- not to mention help from my wonderful friend taking Gavin to school today!
4. I will hopefully be able to take a shower without going upstairs to the kids bathroom- we haven't used ours in 8 months! No more Mold!!!
5. Pack-n-play should be here today or tomorrow!!!
6. Surely I will find my cell phone, I had it this morning- the car place just called and I left it in my car! God is good!
7. Oh well, who needs a automatic garage door- I didn't have one growing up and at least there isn't snow right now
8. There is sun, no snow and what's 20 degrees when there isn't too much wind

And most importantly we are healthy, safe, managing thanks to all our wonderful friends and God is watching over us and keeping Kyle safe. I even get a night out with the girls tonight thanks to a friend who is coming over to put the kids to bed so I can go buy milk and eat with some church friends.
Yes, I cut all his hair off again. I am not good at triming and what 4 year old boy wants to have his hair done so it doesn't look like a mess- so it's gone.
Gavin doing math on his Star Wars leapster! His favorite toy and he is actually pretty good at adding and subtracting because of it, now if he could work on his coloring (not his favorite thing to do).
Our new gate to the basement! Yea! for a door- Gavin can open it and I don't have to keep moving the other one so the kids can play in the basement.
Avalyn wearing one of Daddy's uniform sashes (I don't know what they are called) in her hair.
Avalyn just had to play outside, so I said sure despite the fact it may have been 30 degrees out. She didn't last long, but at least she got some fresh air.

1 comment:

The Carters said...

Hey Sarah,

This is Ashley "Norville" Carter. I stumbled upon your blog today and thought I'd say hi! :)
I loved seeing the pictures of your children, they are beautiful!

I have thought of you several times in the past six months of being an Air Force wife. Ben and I are in Pensacola, FL, while he does flight training for the next two years. I think I heard that your husband is a pilot or WSO, I forget which.
I will definitely keep you all in my prayers while he is gone!

Hope to see you at some base in the future :)

Ashley