Thursday, May 28, 2009

Painting pots...

So the kids have brought home several plants in little plastic cups from church and mother's day out. They have been growing great in the window behind the kitchen sink, but they needed new homes. I bought a couple cheap pots and decided to let the kids paint. I basically had to beg Gavin to paint just one, like I've said "who needs the arts?"- at least that seems to be Gavin's inherited motto these days (from his Daddy). He did about 5 min. of painting before going back to playing, but thanks to my encouragement he at least covered the pot. Avalyn on the other hand enjoyed every minute and spent almost an hour on the 2 pots I gave her. She does like mixing colors a lot, but hasn't quite discovered that it often turns the colors muddy- we'll get there someday, but for now she is happy with her work (and so is Mommy). I am happy to report it has been a week since we did this project and everything is still living- even Avalyn's plant that we thought died the day after we planted it.

No comments: