Monday, May 18, 2009

So Proud!

The last couple of days have been a bit crazy, it just doesn't seem to get easier the longer Kyle is gone. We are so ready to get away and are counting down the days till we leave for Texas (13)! It will be nice to pass the last 3 and a half weeks in Texas and then come back to DADDY! Sat. Avalyn woke up with pink eye, I didn't realize it until later that day after talking to my sister and the nurse line. Instead of church on Sun. we went to Urgent care to get some med. I was relieved it wasn't busy and we were out of there in an hour with a prescription for eye drops. Gavin, Cambria, and I still have no signs of the pink eye, so I am relieved about that but we are doing our best to stay away from everyone! I am happy to say that today her eye looks much better and the contagious time period is almost over. Putting the eye drops in her eyes has been a huge pain and being confined to home has been another challenge. We will be heading to the zoo tomorrow if everyone is well! Please pray that the rest of us stay well.

Last night Gavin and Avalyn were thrilled to help me around the house- not normal, but since I discovered that they LOVE to vacuum they will do anything for me if I let them (even pick up toys, Yes I am proud to say I am bribing with vacuuming and will do so until it stops working). It was wonderful to have a clean house by the time the kids were in bed. Another new thing around here (that I didn't photograph) is Gavin decided a couple of weeks ago he is ready to take showers. He occasionally joins his sisters in the bath, but for the most part wants a shower (I don't get it- he doesn't look like he is having fun in the shower). He even did it by himself the other night, with my permission of course and me checking to see if the soap was out of his hair. So proud of my growing boy!

Here is something new for Cambria. Interest in a sippy cup, that's about all it is right now but we will take it. She has actually started to put it in her mouth, she doesn't really drink but it is ready for her when she wants to. I've been trying to get her to use one since around 10 months and no interest until now. She is teething, so maybe that is why. She still has issues with food, she refuses to eat anything with texture and No Table food at all (not even puffs). I have been doing my best to introduce things, but she screams about too much texture (and refuses to eat more, there is no tricking this little girl)and food on her tray and throws it on the floor. We are at Children's hospital once a week now for occupational therapy (OT) and the visual therapist is still coming to our home(often bringing another OT) every other week. They are working with her sensory issues and her food issues. It has been slow progress and all these appointments can be a bit tiring, but hopefully they are helping. She is touching food more, but too much on her tray sets her off (who would have thought whipped cream or noodles could be so scary). I am looking forward to the day I can hand her puffs, a cracker, anything as a snack and she like it. She is now 16 months old, so we will just have to give her more time. Cambria still doesn't do well with too much motion (elevators freak her out) and doesn't always do well in new places. Last week she did sit on the platform swing with her OT for a while and seemed to enjoy it and the new places isn't all the time, but when it comes it isn't fun (the grocery store set her off screaming most of the way through it the other day). We can't avoid these things and I know she will out grow most of it. She is healthy (thanks to all the baby food she likes) and happy, so I worry very little about all of it and just wait to watch her adjust. Such a sweet heart!

1 comment:

The Perkins said...

Tell them that since I am such a good aunt, they can vacuum my house as much as they want when they get here.