Friday, June 26, 2009

Sea World


feeding the dolphins
1st ride of the day- Gavin and Avalyn LOVE roller coasters!
fun in the water
We spent a good portion of the day in the water!

It feels like so long ago we were in Texas- and we've only been home 5 days, but I figure it's about time to put up some of the last part of our trip. On Thurs. (June 18) I took the kids to Sea World, along with my sister Christine, my niece and nephew, her best friend Cami and her 3 year old Cassidy, and my best friend Bekah and her 3 year old Alyssa. I decided life would just be easier to leave Cambria with my Mom. She did so well on the trip and outside, but an entire day at Sea World would probably be a bit much and I knew she would have fun at church with my mom. My mom is a children's minister and of course had to work the week before VBS, but was able to put Cambria in their wonderful nursery. She had a great time being inside and playing with all the toys. Gavin and Avalyn were so excited to go to Sea World, we have taken them almost every year since Gavin was born, but they don't remember that. We just can't pass up the free pass for Military once a year and since Kyle wouldn't be down in TX with us before the year was up we decided I better just use it. It was a wonderful day, with a slightly rocky start from a moody/tired Avalyn- who was over with that after one roller coaster ride. The weather was actually not too bad, thanks to a light morning drizzle and clouds that lasted a little while (once they went away it of course was HOT). I did my best to take pictures, but found myself just relaxing and enjoying the day and probably not capturing everything.
riding with Cassidy- they are so big, did it with no parents

Gavin's newest light saber- he was so excited when he saw them selling them and what's $6 at Sea World

Avalyn with her Shamu Barbie at the Shamu show- her favorite part of the day, she wouldn't stop jumping up and down and yelling "Shamu" (so I didn't get too many good pictures)
Such a good day with cousins Hadley and Hayden!

No comments: