Friday, June 19, 2009

Take me out to the ball game!

Another fun outing in Dallas was a Ranger game. My sister Christine got free tickets from the school she teaches at so we decided to take the kids. The game didn't start till 7, so we left Cambria home with one of Christine's neighbors (and my nieces good friend). My niece Hadley (15), her boyfriend, a few of his friends, my nephew Hayden (13) and one of his friends also came with us. We didn't know how it would go, but it was a great time. It was absolutely perfect weather and although our seats were way up high we could see everything. There were plenty of empty seats in our section so we could move around. There was not a single complaint, until around the 8th inning when Avalyn finally got tired, but we stuck it out and made it through the rest of the game.

Ready for their 1st baseball game!
the view from our seats

Avalyn was a little nervous about being so high


Avalyn and Hadley (and her friends) watching the game.

Eating cotton candy! Probably one of Gavin's favorite parts of the game.

Gavin and the big boys! I actually found a clearance stand up near our seats that had reasonable prices on souvenirs, so I just had to get Gavin his 1st official baseball hat (for $10- not to bad considering some of the other stands). He was so excited it was"perfect" according to Gavin and he was even more proud to see that is was just like one of the "big" boys that joined us for the evening.
At the end of the game Gavin couldn't stop jumping up and down from all the excitement of the evening. He immediately said he wanted to come back and he couldn't wait, then he pointed at his hat and let me know that that team had lost. I didn't quite to see such excited from him (it was after 10:30) after such a long night, but he loved it which made me so happy. Hopefully we will be in town next year for tee ball season and he can learn to play himself!

No comments: