Thursday, April 9, 2009

A fun week

It's been a busy and very fun week so far and it isn't even Easter morning. I have had an ultrasound, OB appointment and Cambria had a eye appointment. All appointments went well. It is still unknown how bad Cambria's vision is, but he said there is slight improvement in her far-sightedness in one eye, but her near sightedness no improvement. He was speaking ophthomology language much of the time and I was trying to calm Cambria down (from having her eyes pried open so he could look at them), so I am sure I missed some of it or miss-understood some of what he said. Her new glasses will be in on Mon. and I can't wait to see her in them, they will not be scratched and hopefully she will be able to see better (so much that she will not want to eat them, of course she started teething again, so we will see how that goes). We were able to keep the same frames (saving us $140) There is still another year on the warranty for the frames, plus I like them on her- she finally has grown into them and since we can adjust the sides at no cost for another year, they will hopefully last longer. She will return in 6 months and hopefully Daddy can join us for that one and I can explain things better- he does a lot better at doctor appointments than I do. It is amazing that it was just a year ago we found out how special our little Cambria is, it was a blessing to know she can see and another world to learn about when it comes to Albinism. It is not something we think about all the time, when I look at her I wouldn't change a thing about her- this is only going to make her stronger. It is good to feel at peace with everything and more prepared for the 1 in 4 chance for our next little one may have albinism.
Yesterday I joined playgroup at Pump it Up (along with a lot of Spring breakers). Oh well, despite it being busy the kids had a great time and we look forward to returning.
Gavin and his best friend Elijah!

Avalyn was so happy! She was exhausted and very red-cheeked when we left.

Gavin loved the challenge of the climbing wall. Could have used some help from Daddy- maybe another time.
Cambria did pretty well. She was so tired, but sat in the stroller pretty well (as long as I wasn't too close). A much better trip out, compared to the last 2 trips to the zoo (if only we could do the zoo in an hour and a half).
Today we had a wonderful time dying eggs with our friends from church. It was so nice to get out and let the kids play with others and not have to dye eggs alone at home. I am sad we will not be with family this Easter and that Kyle will not be here, but I look forward to the special day. The kids have special outfits and I can't wait for them to see there special Easter surprises.


No comments: