Monday, April 20, 2009

Gavin's Party!



Gavin's 5th Birthday party was on Sat. and we had a lot of fun. It was a busy day for most of our friends, but a few managed to make it and Gavin had a great time. The theme was super heroes and we used superman, batman, and spiderman. I didn't get very many pictures, but here are a few of the cupcakes. Gavin opened his presents all over the place, before I realized what he was doing (thanks to Avalyn who told him it was time- wish she would have let me known). Not much was planned, but I cut out capes for the kids and a few (Avalyn and Sidney) decided to paint them. The rest of the kids stayed busy running around and playing in the basement- I didn't even find time to paint faces or do tattoos. Gavin was so happy and said he never wanted it to end- that made me feel good and all that work was well worth it. Thanks to everyone who made it and for all your gifts, you made Gavin's Birthday extra special and we appreciate everything.
Gavin and his cupcakes- Thanks Aunt Patsy for the "twinkie" cupcake recipe (they were great). I topped the cupcakes with superhero rings that Gavin was so excited about- and the reason for not having a cake.
Blowing out the candles!
Avalyn and Sidney painting capes

No comments: