Friday, May 23, 2008

Cambria has moved on to oatmeal!



After 2 months of sleeping through the night Cambria decided she would start waking up screaming at 2 a.m. After 2 days of feeding her when she woke up, I realized she was only eating a little bit and it was probably time to start solids! That is one step closer to being done with nursing, I know I still have several months to go but it is nice to lose a few feedings and solids is the begining of that. The first feeding she screamed at the rice cereal, for some reason none of my children have liked the rice. That night she awoke again and I let her cry until she went back to sleep, it was about an hour (so sad, but it worked and she slept fine). The next day I decided to try oatmeal and had a much better response, she at least slurped up some of it. She can't see the spoon and she still doesn't react to facial expressions (she can't see that either- as far as we can tell), so she doesn't know to open her mouth when the food is coming to her. I basically have to shovel it into her mouth. For the past 4 days we've been doing oatmeal at least once a day and I am happy to say she has slept for 10 hours for the last 2 nights! I don't think she loves it, but she is eating more each day and as long as she is happy and not tired or extremely hungry she eats it fine. It is a huge mess, but good to see her progressing well!

No comments: