Wednesday, May 14, 2008

When Daddy's Away




Life just isn't the same. It has only been 3 weeks, but I am definantly ready for Kyle to be home. We have been trying to keep busy, but the kids miss him and I could use some help. A couple days ago we walked to the park on our street and played for a while. We do love our park! Here is a picture of her glasses transitioning, they get a lot darker on a sunny day- but never seem to be dark enough (eventually we will probably have to get prescription sun glasses- when she is big enough). She doesn't like to be outside much at all, I guess the light bothers her. I keep her in her car seat in the stroller, so I can completely shade her but after a while she wants to be held. She's fine once we go inside or if I wear her in a sling- so she can fall asleep, her face is covered and she can be held.



Gavin finished up his soccer season and was so proud of his medal. "I WON" is all he could say when his coach gave it to him. We definantly have many more soccer seasons ahead of us!



I have begun potty training Avalyn. She has been wanting to go for about 10 months now and I finally got fed up with her taking off her diaper. She sleeps through the night dry most of the time and goes dry for 4 to 5 hours all the time, so I figured we'd give it a shot. Gavin was definantly easier to potty train, but I did wait till he was 3 since he had no interest. We are on day 3 and it is going okay, she does well when she is naked but put on a pull-up and she treats it like a diaper and try panties (her favorite) and she forgets to pull them down. I am just praying this doesn't take too much longer, I am tired of cleaning the floor and making this a "fun" experience since she tends to want to make it a game with me and not listen when I say go sit on the potty. Oh, the Joys of Motherhood! I can't wait till she is 3! Here is a picture of Avalyn after a bath, after an accident- I know I should have gotten a picture of her actually succeeding on the potty! More to come on potty training- hopefully not too much more.


They LOVE their bath and their animal towels!

No comments: