Monday, September 15, 2008

All Alone

So sad! Kyle left at 4 am on Sun. morning for training in Alabama. He will be gone for 5 weeks and I am not too thrilled about it. I know we will survive, we always do but it doesn't get easier. He took the computer we ussually use and set our old one for me to use. It has been a few years since I've used this computer and I still can't figure out how to put pictures on it (there isn't even a place to put the memore card from the camera, it's a good thing I still have my mom's cord I barrowed). The kids are doing okay, but are still adjusting to him being gone.

The kids watched a great Sesame Street video made for Military families. Elmo's Daddy goes away to help people in the video. It has been very helpful over the last couple of years in getting the kids ready and helping them understand. Gavin is just know understanding it and Avalyn is not quite there. The funniest part of the watching the video was when Avalyn saw a picture of a Dad in a flight suit with his kids, she got so excited and said to Kyle "look Daddy it's your favorite costume".

Avalyn keeps asking about Daddy and talking about how much she likes him and of course he is on every plane that flies over us (we live by base and she knows what Kyle's plane looks like). Gavin keeps trying to tell her it's not him and I don't even want to try and convince her so I just let her believe and remind her that he will not be back for a while.

Gavin is having a more difficult time, he gets it and I think he is sad and upset. He actually asked me yesterday "Why do I have a Daddy?", it broke my heart and I was so sad for him. Kyle and Gavin are very close and I think Gavin was actually mad at Kyle for leaving. Today was a lot better, he had fun at school and I took them on a walk to the park. When Kyle talked to Gavin tonight Gavin was so excited and they had a great talk. I am sure he will adjust and hopefully the next 5 weeks go by fast.

I am sure to be busy and will do my best to blog- I know Daddy is looking and wanting pictures of his babies.

No comments: