Monday, September 22, 2008

The Girls' room


Here are some pictures of the Avalyn and Cambria's room. I did the painting before we moved in and baught the big girl bedding shortly after on clearance at Pottery Barn. I knew that if we ever had another girl it could easily be combine with her baby bedding (also from PB). All I had to do was add Cambria's name on the wall and we put Avalyn's big girl bed in the room. To make it feel less crouded the dresser was moved to the closet. It is definantly a girly room and when the contracters put the pink on the wall they called me (plus Kyle also called) to make sure it was what I wanted, of course it was I always wanted a pink room when I was little so I wanted to give that to my little girl. I don't know though Avalyn next room might just be blue (her other favorite color besides pink), she loves light blue because that is the color of Cinderella's dress of course. I would be just fine with blue, it my favorite color!
The girls aren't really sharing the room yet, Cambria is still in our walk-in closet. Her sleeping habits are very unpredictable in the morning, especially with teething, and her nap schedule doesn't always work with Avalyn's. I have a feeling it will be a while till she is in the room with her big sister. We do have 5 bedrooms in this house, but 2 are in the basement and we like having a guest room and the playroom is definantly nice for holding all the toys. Avalyn has always loved her pink room and will hopefully enjoy sharing it in the future.


This is Avalyn's "princess bed". In order to get her excited about her big girl bed (she been in it since July) I painted the old bed white and painted a princess design, I took from her princess panties, on it. The bed was my Great Uncle's and when he passed I got 2 of them- perfect for 2 girls! She loves her princess bed, but for some odd reason during nap time she sometimes sneaks into Cambria's crib (never at bed time though).
By the way this room definantly GLOWS Pink during the day!