Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A very busy day: Cambria's eye appointment/ dance class #2

Today I spent much of the day in my car. First was a drive across town with the kids to the dance store to buy new tap shoes- $28 yikes (just hoping Cambria will be able to wear them). I also found a steal at the dance store, a little blue leotard for $5! It was hiding under a little pile of black leotards in a bucket of $5 clearance items. I picked it up and was shocked by the price and by the fact it was her size, all the leotards there were around $30 (this was originally $32). Avalyn loved it once I told her it was blue like Cinderella (her favorite princess), she wasn't crazy about the shoes but I got them anyways.

After the dance store a quick lunch at McDonalds. I actually don't care for that place and only take the kids there maybe once a month. They did enjoy it and I always love how happy they are when I take them there. Then back to the other side of town to drop Avalyn off at a friends house and Gavin at school. Next up another trip across town to Cambria's eye appointment.


Cambria's Eye Appointment: It was another quick one. He check them out, held up some glass cubes, shined a light at her eyes, and explained the surgery. I wish I could explain the surgery, but I wasn't really comprehending what he was saying. What I did catch was that he is going to loosen the muscles in the eyes to allow her to look forward while focussing. Right now she uses the right eye to focus inwardly toward the left, when it gets there she shuts it down and uses the left to continue looking in the other direction. Hopefully that helps explain a little bit of what he is going to fix by loosening the muscles. After he explained things to Kyle and I, he asked what our schedule looked like. It was a little shocking, we thought it would be in a 2 or 3 months and he acted like he was ready to do it next week. When Kyle said he was leaving on Sun. for 5 weeks, he said that would be okay and he will do it as soon as he returns. Oct. 23 is the day! There is an 80% chance the surgery will fix it and another 20% chance there will be a 2nd one necesary. He performs this surgery regularly and hasn't had any problems (he is an older doctor, who has been a practicing pediatric ophthomoligist for many years). It is such a wonderful peace God has given to us, through providing such an experienced confident doctor. The surgery will not fix her vision, but will help her visual range (not to mention, she will not be cross eyed anymore). Thanks for all your prayers!!!
After the eye appointment, back across town to pick up Gavin from school, then Avalyn at the friends house and off to dance class. I prayed the whole way there, I just want her to enjoy this opportunity. God did answer my prayers! She actually wanted to wear the footless tights and her new leotard. When we walked into the studio, she ignored the toys in the lobby walked right into the room and I asked her if she wanted to wear her new tap shoes, she looked at the young teachers in their tap shoes and then back at me and said YES!!! I put them on with socks- I got the bigger size shoes so she will wear them with socks now (she is liking socks) and eventually tights. She walked right into class and I headed straight to the lobby. She did wonderful and had a great time! I am so looking forward to watching her learn to dance. I didn't get any great pictures, just a few of her walking to the car, after class, with her sticker on her chest and dance bag on her sholder.
What a wonderful, busy, very blessed day! I can't believe I managed to blog.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Yay for the girls! I'm so happy that she enjoyed her dance class this time around! I've been praying for Cambria and we'll definitly contiue to do so!