Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Can you fix it Daddy!

We are definantly missing Daddy right now. We survived the first week. Gavin had a difficult time the first couple of days and was pretty good after that. When asked about his Daddy being gone he said "it's going to feel like forever, but it's not- he will be back". He gets it and has been a pretty good trooper.

Avalyn on the other hand was fine the first 5 days and then after that it was like an emotional melt down- actually many emotional melt downs and they don't seem to be going anywhere. She is constantly crying for her Daddy, they usually come after she's hurt, she doesn't get what she wants or she finds something she wants Daddy to fix. It's a hard concept for a 2 year old to get, but I know that after a while she will adjust. This is the first time she has gotten it beyond just mentioning his name frequently, she is heart broken. She has always been the one we've had to watch, into everything- very curious, very creative, but for the past 4 months we've been able to let our guard down (such as not locking our bathroom door). The little destructive diva seems to be back- okay so she's not as bad- but yesterday I caught her in my bathroom covered in my foundation (I definantly was laughing to myself at this one), the day before she through around her Barbie in anger (over the pony tail I did "wrong" in the Barbie's hair) till she broke the cover of a light switch- I was ignoring this tantrum thinking she might hurt the Barbie not anything else, today she put almost a whole role of toilet paper in the toilet, and to top it off she was sick on Sat. and threw up 3 times. I can't even begin to count how many things Daddy is going to come home and fix, according to Avalyn, the light switch, the potty, her hair when it got sand in it, the shower that still isn't working, the baby swing and every toy that needs batteries, the fire pit (it's not broken she just wants Daddy to make a fire), her bed after she puked in it, and many more. Of course I am fixing most of it, I am able to wash her hair and change out batteries, but it is so sweet and a little scary that everything that isn't perfect is going to be fixed by her Daddy (I am just hoping she isn't thinking he will come home if she messes something up). On the upside in the last week she stopped using the little potty- I hid it and she hasn't cared- and she is finally putting on her own underwear and shorts! Please pray for little Avalyn and her Mommy (I know this will pass, but in the mean time it is wearing on me). ONLY 4 more WEEKS!!!

We are keeping busy with all our activities. This has helped keep their mind off of Daddy being gone. On Sat. afternoon (after Avalyn took a nap and woke up feeling much better) we went to a picnic with our Sunday School class. It was great to be out and with such wonderful friends!


1 comment:

Samantha said...

I'm assuming that Kyle is at SOS?

Poor little thing... and poor Mommy! And good job to you for getting everything fixed!!!