Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Avalyn's first Dance Class

Getting ready for dance class- she was so excited, all she wanted to do was twirl for the picture.


Today was the day. I have been looking forward to Avalyn taking dance for so long, she loves dancing and just being girly. It took me awhile to find a class that involved 2 yr olds with out the parents. This was a little nerve recking, because at 2 you never know how she will react- especially without her brother around. It is amazing how her personality changes without her best friend (Gavin) around, he is such a source of security for her and she is so much more outgoing when he is around. Once she is comfortable in a place her personality comes out- like at church, she is definantly a favorite of her teachers in class. When I arrived at class, I was worried- she is supposed to wear panty hose (she hates them) and her tap shoes. I didn't force the tights tonight, but decided to try socks and that didn't go over well. Avalyn has always loved shoes, but she would only wear the tap shoes (I baught on Ebay) for a few minute. I realized tonight they are just too small and I will have to get her a new pair before the next class (just wish they were cheaper). Strong personalities run in the women in my family and Avalyn truely inherited that one. After grabbing my leg when I took her in the class, I got her to let go and I ran out of the room only to have her brought to me screaming just a few minutes later. I sat down with her and did what any "good" mother would do (who just paid $40 bucks for the month of classes) I began to bribe her- I will buy you ice cream, a toy, a baby doll, some M&M's from the machine next to us, whatever her little heart desired. The bribing wasn't working well but when I noticed they were pulling out mats for tumbling time I showed her and before I could say anything she was runing in the room and jumping on the mats. She did great after that, it was Avalyn back to her spunky spirited self running around, dancing, and actually taking direction pretty well. I was so relieved and happy to see her have so much fun- I didn't want to mess things up so I stayed away from the window and just watched her from the television screen of the class (very helpfull for parents). Hopefully I will get more pictures next week- when we left she actually said she wanted to go to dance class tomorrow. Don't worry she forgot about all the bribing and nothing was baught just a moment of desperation for me. Next week will hopefully go a little easier.

Avalyn after class- I opened the door and she looked at me with a BIG smile and said "Mommy I did it" over and over, making it all worth while!

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Yay Avalyn!! And yay Mommy!! Looks like she really did have a great time and hopefully next time will be easier all around. :)